Monday, May 24, 2010

recommendation

Today, I got to look at a recommendation a friend is writing for a college student who is applying for a scholarship for medical school. I remember reading the recommendations I got from teachers and professors when I was applying for college and law school, and hearing some of the things my mentors and bosses said when I was applying for jobs, and it's such a warm, fuzzy feeling to read or hear someone list out all of the reasons they believe you will succeed. This is the first time I've been on the other end of the recommendation (although only indirectly), and it really was a pleasure to read through all these wonderful things that my friend wrote about the student, and try to come up with ways to make them sound even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment