Saturday, July 30, 2011

achievement unlocked

I think I may have (mostly) learned how to ride a bike again today, for the second time. Yes, it is possible to forget how to ride a bike, and the last time I tried, which was probably about eighteen years ago, it did not go well. Today, I snuck over to the office, made sure no one was around to watch, and then used one of the office bikes to try it out in the deserted parking lot. I did some coasting with my feet a couple of inches off the ground, to learn the balance thing again, and I even did some cautious pedaling. The steering thing proved to be elusive, though. I'll have to go back and work on that one.

Hi, I'm Angela, I'm 32 years old, and I forgot how to ride a bike. But I'm a few steps into the program to fix that, just in time for all the biking I'm going to have to start doing at work, now that I have so many meetings in another building.

No comments:

Post a Comment