Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hi ho

My dog is about ten years old. I've had him for almost eight years, and he has gone to work with me (at two jobs in two countries) for six of those years. In dog years, he's probably about retirement age, and he's been "working" for about 40 dog years.

Nevertheless, every morning (and especially on Mondays), he is so excited to go to work that he can barely wait for me to get ready. If the car ride is too long, he starts to whine impatiently, because, COME ON, PEOPLE, IT'S TIME TO GO TO WORK! He trots impatiently through the parking lot, takes the steps at full speed, which is impressive for a senior citizen, and when he gets to our floor, he can no longer wait for me, and he sprints to our office. Sprints. That's how excited he is to get started on his day.

I love my job, but I still don't sprint to my desk. I love watching him sprint, though, and I love how it gives passersby a little lift to see how excited he is, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment