Tuesday, May 25, 2010

shoe party

In anticipation of a friend's wedding, in which I am a bridesmaid, I went online to shop for shoes that will go with the dress I'll be wearing (wearing jeans and sneakers to work every day is awesome, but it means that I'm often woefully under-equipped for fancier occasions). Zappos and Endless both do overnight shipping and free returns, so twelve (yes, twelve) pairs of shoes showed up at my office today, and a few of my female coworkers (and a couple of male coworkers who probably wouldn't admit to it) and I took a few minutes out of our day to have a little shoe party to judge the contenders and make a first-pass thinning of the herd from twelve pairs down to four. I'm limiting myself to keeping two pairs, so there are two more eliminations to go. I am also having a small personal celebration, because it turns out that one of the styles I picked is a near twin for a Jimmy Choo shoe that costs ten times as much as what I paid. 

This shoe party was brought to you by cheap shoes, online shopping, overnight shipping, and fun coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment