Thursday, April 22, 2010

hoarder

As I was contemplating my new putty, I realized that I didn't have a container for the putty, and that it would soon acquire a sad coat of fuzz and dirt. But then I remembered that I am a pack rat, and I hate throwing things away, even if those things are useless. A year and a half ago, one of my coworkers had given me some candy that came in a little green plastic egg. I ate the candy and saved the egg. Even when we moved office buildings, I saved the egg. But where was it? I am not an organized pack rat, I'm just a normal pack rat. I was afraid that by the time I eventually (if ever) found the egg, my putty would no longer be worth preserving.

But there it was, sitting in my file cabinet, just waiting for me to find it and use it for something. The green plastic egg has found its purpose, and my pack rat behavior has been validated.

No comments:

Post a Comment