Wednesday, April 21, 2010

books on wheels

A day or two ago, a coworker randomly recommended that I check out a light book for fun reading, which was a great idea out of the blue, since I've been reading some pretty heavy stuff lately.

I sent a sample to my Kindle from Amazon, thinking I'd read a bit and see if it was worth spending $10 for a one-time read. I also considered getting it from the library, but wasn't sold on the idea, partly because it would involve going all the way to the library, and partly because I'm not longer used to the weight of a real, printed book. I checked the library website, anyways, and saw that the printed book was on hold for the next several months, but then I noticed that the book-on-CD version was available in the library's traveling bookmobile.

Then I looked out the window, and saw the bookmobile right outside my office building. They come every Wednesday! I ran down, found the book-on-CD, and checked it out five minutes before the bookmobile was scheduled to drive off to its next stop.

No wait, no need to pay to read the book just once, no need to hold a heavy book, and now I have something to listen to when I'm driving. How frabjous is that?

1 comment:

  1. yay for serendipity! what book? let me know if it's good :)

    ReplyDelete