Tuesday, May 3, 2011

poke

I have been going to physical therapy for over a year, partly for back and leg issues, and partly for problems with my wrists that were so bad that I couldn't even open bottles or lift my carry-on baggage without pain. They have been improving, especially over the last few months, and it appears that most of the improvement has come from a weird thing that the current PT has me do that involves using my thumbs to poke at my elbows to try to shift them back into proper alignment. I feel sort of silly doing it, since I can't tell if I'm doing it right or if it has any effect, but it must be working.

At the wedding, one of my former officemates and I grabbed each others' wrists and picked up the bride and danced around with her for a couple of minutes, like this:


A few months ago, lifting even a suitcase would have been out of the question, so I was pretty amazed that I was not only able to lift (half of) an adult, but also dance, bounce, and twirl around with her without any major issues with my wrists.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was a great moment, and even cooler since it signifies that your wrists are better, hope you don't have a relapse after that! Good for you I lost 5 pounds before the wedding! :P

    ReplyDelete