Monday, May 2, 2011

more chicago

The rest of the time in Chicago went by in a whirlwind of buying decorations, making last minute arrangements, getting hair and nails done, squeezing in meals, rehearsing, and then finally getting our friends married.


Everything was smooth, and I think the bride and groom were tired (as is always the case at weddings) but not too overwhelmed. I managed not to lose the ring, and not to cry too much when making a toast at the reception, so that was a relief :) It was so much fun to see the old crew from Zurich, and we talked and danced and laughed and celebrated. Definitely happy for my friend (although I'm feeling a little bit wistful when I think about how things have changed and how they might change in the future compared to how they were in the past) and looking forward to Round Two in a few weeks in Zurich.

Boyfriend and I went to a reprise dinner at Alinea last night (and met the chef briefly), then flew back out to California early this morning and came straight into work. It was a whirlwind five days, and it was great to be a part of the excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment