Sunday, April 10, 2011

in the city

It was a weekend of fun in the city -- Boyfriend and I went up yesterday evening for a birthday dinner with my sister, and the restaurant was surprisingly good. My favorite dish of the night was mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches -- they somehow managed to make the ice cream taste exactly like fresh mint, rather than mint flavoring. Yum. It's always good to see my sister, and it's good to hang out without the kids sometimes (I love my nieces and nephew, but a non-kids night now and then feels like old times).

I also gave my nephew his 8th birthday present, a microscope, and I wasn't sure if he was going to like it (I loved my microscope when I was little, but I wasn't sure if he would be quite as much of a dork). I was gratified by his response, which was honest in a way that only children are honest, "Wow, I definitely won't have to return this present!"

We stayed over for the night, and then met up with two of my good college friends for lunch. They got married six months ago, after dating for seven years, and after being best friends for eight years before that, and now they're living happily ever after. It was good to see them, and they even stopped by the house afterwards to see Fiver, who seemed to still remember them from our New York days, when these two friends (and a couple of others) used to come over every Wednesday evening to order dinner and play cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment