Tuesday, March 27, 2012

trip recap

New Orleans was a great weekend. The food hit of the weekend was Dante's Kitchen, which had really good shrimp and grits, and the best chicken I've ever had in a restaurant (I'm generally very anti-chicken, and their chicken roasted under a brick was probably my favorite dish of the trip). Walked a lot, saw some jazz, went to the Museum of Southern Food and Beverage, the WWII Museum, caught up with my really good friends from college, met up with a high school classmate I hadn't seen since high school, and ate and ate and ate. I expected the friends and food parts to be good, but had no idea that we would enjoy the city itself so much, as well. I wish we'd had more time, but maybe that just means we'll have to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment