Friday, March 16, 2012

death and taxes

Filing taxes has never been a stressful thing for me. I find it oddly soothing, actually -- you just get all your tax forms and receipts and start putting in information until there's nothing left to be entered, and at the end, you feel like you've accomplished something.

It was especially fun back in student times, when I made little enough that I would always get a refund.

These days, however, it's kind of shocking to see my annual income lumped into one big number. I always end up having to pay extra taxes, but I don't really mind, because I still strangely enjoy the process, and it reminds me how fortunate I am to make enough money that I have to pay taxes, and can afford to pay them.

So yes, I enjoy filing my taxes, and paying taxes makes me feel lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment