Saturday, August 24, 2019

rolling with it

The utterly busy relaxation, the mindless plans, and the class excitement of safari are so awesome. More stars in Botswana than even Namibia, and lots of big cats eating their kills. My camera has decided it only wants to work intermittently with a lot of fussing, so I won't get as many great shots, but the theme of this trip, what with its last minute genesis, Boyfriend's passport issues, and my camera, seems to be "roll with it," and it seems to be something I'm getting better at with time. Simple pleasures like a cozy bed on a cold desert night, hot porridge with honey before the sun comes up, a lazy afternoon nap in between game drives, and the unexpected click of the shutter when my camera decides it's willing to take a photo, all of these are delightful bits of each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment