Wednesday, December 2, 2015

mindful

I've been in a 2.5 day mindfulness class at work, and have had some interesting thoughts as a result of some of the exercises, but the best one was really articulating what it is that I appreciate about Boyfriend (he takes care of me and does things I don't want to do, he really gets me and accepts me, and he makes me laugh every day), then deciding to tell him after work, then hearing him say what he appreciate about me (I accept him and make him aware of things he wants to improve without judgment, I make him want to be more generous, I share stone interests and priorities while giving him space to pursue the ones we don't share, and I have a similar but different sense of humor). It was fun to actually spell out what we like about each other.

We also realized that in over seven years, we can't even remember having more than a couple fights, which is crazy and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment