Sunday, July 8, 2012

visitor

Had a good friend from my brief law firm days in town for five days, and we packed a lot in:

  • soup dumplings (at a place Boyfriend and I hadn't tried before, and were very pleased to find was quite good, since the place we used to go to changed owners)
  • Japanese Garden
  • Golden Gate Park
  • Golden Gate Bridge and Crissy Field (clearest day I've ever seen in the city -- we could see the bridge, the bay, and Sausalito without a cloud in the sky or a trace of fog on the ground)
  • The Haight
  • The Castro (complete with middle-aged gay nudist men)
  • Mexican food (not my favorite, but Boyfriend was pleased to get to go to a Mexican restaurant for once)
  • Napa and Sonoma, including seven wine tastings (I was the designated driver, but she enjoyed the wine and bought a bunch -- I was even able to leave a few cards for complimentary tastings for a coworker who was coming up to Sonoma just as we were leaving) and dinner at Cyrus (the waiter was kind enough to send a little something back with me for Boyfriend when he learned that Boyfriend was staying home to watch the dogs); perfect weather all around
  • Tour of Google
  • Japanese grill
  • Brunch
  • A short hike at Half Moon Bay
It was good to catch up with her for the first time in a few years, and to really get away from work for the first time since I started working full time with my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment