Wednesday, October 26, 2011

and we're back

Lots of good things about the trip:

  • On the flight to Zurich, I got a last minute change from a middle seat to an aisle seat, much to my relief.
  • On the way back, I had an aisle seat, and the seat next to me was empty. Even better.
  • The near miss of almost having to sit in a middle seat for an thirteen hour flight made it less sad that Boyfriend was flying business class while I was back in economy.
  • Ran into coworker in the SFO airport, so he come out to fondue with us the first night.First fondue in Switzerland since I left Switzerland, and Boyfriend said he thinks I make it better.
  • Visited one of my favorite bars in Zurich one last time before they close in November.
  • We made it to three new countries! I haven't had a three-new-country trip since 2008.
  • We didn't get burned in any wildfires in Montenegro, despite seeing them everywhere, even in front of us on the road.
  • We got beautiful weather and almost no crowds in Dubrovnik. I've heard you usually get one or the other, so we were really glad to see such a beautiful place without being trampled by a zillion other tourists.
  • After eating a lot of kind of blah pasta, I finally ordered a big plate of shellfish, which seemed much too big, but it was delicious and I ate it all. 
  • Our GPS, Jason, was hilariously bad, and became the honorary fifth person on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment