Wednesday, September 14, 2011

13

I went on a bit of a buying fast last year, and decided I wouldn't buy any new clothes or shoes. It started off as perhaps a six month experiment, and lasted for thirteen months. It actually felt pretty good not to shop or buy anything new, and to donate some of my old stuff.

It also felt good to place an order online for two new pairs of shoes yesterday (the Chucks that I wear to work almost every day are about to fall apart). They should come next week. I'm not sure if I'll keep them, but it will be fun to look at them and try them on. If I keep them, it means my fast is broken (after a respectable thirteen months), and if I don't, I guess I'll see how much longer I can go. Either way, I've saved a lot of money, and have made the act of buying things less common and more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment