Friday, August 26, 2011

care package

I got home and the house was clean (not a surprise, since the cleaning lady came today), and I had received a package in the mail (definitely a surprise, since almost every package I get is something that I ordered, and they are always delivered to my office).

I opened it, and it was from my high school headmaster. I went to a Catholic high school, so my headmaster was a priest. I'm not a religious person, but I have to say that Father McLaughlin was always (and still is) my favorite priest ever. He was an excellent headmaster, and is just a super-nice guy. He enclosed a brief note, saying that he had been going through his files and found an award certificate (enclosed) that hadn't made it to me back in 1995, and also included a couple of notes I had written to him years ago. It was like getting a time capsule I didn't even know had existed. It was surprising and sweet to get a package from him after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment