Sunday, March 27, 2011

no pants day

Boyfriend and I went to see my sister and her family, and then went out to dinner with two of his friends yesterday, so today was my weekly "stay in the house and wear stretchy pants all day" day. It was something of a rough week last week, so I mostly indulged myself:
  1. I slept in as long as I wanted to.
  2. Boyfriend picked up an almond croissant and left it by my bed to eat when I woke up (he was already at the gym).
  3. I had a video chat to catch up with my friends in Zurich.
  4. I called my oldest friend for a quick catch-up, and found out that she is pregnant with her sixth child (our paths have obviously diverged a lot, but we still love to talk when we can, even if it's only a couple of times a year). She's thrilled, so I'm happy for her, but I'm also happy that I'm not her.
  5. I made good progress on reading The Happiness Project, the book written by Gretchen Rubin (who has a blog by the same name, which was part of the original inspiration for me to keep this blog, as a reminder to myself of the good things in life). I've flagged a few bits in the book for further follow-up.
  6. Partly because of my reading The Happiness Project, and partly because I've noticed how much making donations or reading good books have helped to improve my mood with immediate results, I did some poking around and made some lists of (even more) books I want to read and possible charities I'd like to donate to, so that the next time I want a quick pick-me-up, I'll be prepared, and I won't need to do any research, but can just go to the library or make a donation online, for a no-brainer source of instant gratification.
  7. As I started to think about dinner, I mentioned to Boyfriend that I really felt like eating quinoa, and he offered to go to the store to buy some. I looked up a recipe online, and I'm going to be experimenting tonight -- I've never made it before, and Boyfriend has gamely agreed to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment