Thursday, January 13, 2011

business relationship

I had dinner last night with one of my clients, which in most companies would probably sound like a lame business thing, except that it's a bit different here, and she and I get along really well, both in and out of work. In terms of work, she's one of my favorite people to do deals with, and if we didn't work together, I think I'd still want to hang out with her. We spent a few hours catching up, gossiping, speculating, and it was really fun. She's also an incredibly positive person (it's really hard to get her to say anything bad about anything or anyone), which is sometimes what I need. As a lawyer surrounded by lawyers, I tend to see things in a somewhat cynical and jaded light, so to spend a few hours hearing another perspective that is full of silver linings and big dreams kind of scrapes the barnacles off of my crusty attitude. We had a great meal as friends, and also exchanged a lot of information and compliments as colleagues, so the whole evening was just lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment