Monday, August 16, 2010

ask and you shall receive

After obsessing about the gazpacho they used to make at the tapas-themed cafe at work for over a year, especially after that cafe stopped serving dinner last year and more recently, announced that they were going to change their theme altogether, and after telling myself countless times that I would have to ask the cafe staff for the recipe, I randomly saw and recognized the chef at his new cafe today. I must have looked at him for a second too long, because he noticed and made eye contact in a way that made me feel like I ought to say something, so I said the first thing that came to mind, which was to tell him that the gazpacho at the old cafe is the best I've had, and to ask him whether I could get the recipe. He said I could just email him and he'd send it to me. And he did. And it was at a normal person scale (not cafeteria level, no need to work off a recipe that initially asks for 100 tomatoes), so I might actually make it soon.

Next time, I should spend less time idly obsessing, and more time just asking.

1 comment:

  1. :) You still haven't sent the recipe to me! Now I'm absolutely dying to try it. Hurry, though, good tomatoes are rapidly going out of season!!

    ReplyDelete